Tuesday, January 27, 2009

No Thanks, Facebook

I "no-thanks" students all the time. I find if someone is doing something I don't like, it's way more effective to simply utter a terse "no thanks," rather than specifically address the behavior and person. That way, I often take care of a few things at once. For instance, I could say, "No thanks," and the kid who was humming stops, but also, the kid who was gluing his erasers into a house stops, too.

The husbo and I have turned it into a verb to represent us getting fed up with something and abandoning it. We pull into a gas station at the second pump, because there is a car in front of us at the first pump. We turn the car off. After the attendant finishes settling up with the first car, it leaves, and he motions to us to pull forward, only we've been there with the car off. The husbo starts his car, and instead of pulling forward, he peels out of the gas station all together. Citgo just got no-thanksed!

Well Facebook, consider yourself no-thanksed.

I whole-heartedly preferred myspace. I loved, loved, loved the option to be on it without people knowing I was on it. The privacy options for facebook are horrible. I enjoy having my friends in one place, because I never remember (or go to any lengths to develop an organizational system for) everyone's contact information, but man alive, facebook is not the format I want to do that in. And the blogging! I loved being able to write every now and then and not have to maintain a separate site. But, just like most things in life, my preferences do not align with those of the masses, and everyone seems to have tired of myspace and has chosen to go the way of ridiculousness.

So, here I am, intending to start a blog...again. Yes, there have been other efforts.

Blehhhhhhh.

1 comment: