Friday, March 6, 2009

Tanning and Coffee

Am I the only one that thinks tanning is the most ridiculous thing ever?

First off, I just think people's natural skin color looks better.

And, um, skin cancer? We know that protecting yourself from uv rays helps prevent skin cancer, so, how about avoiding it? No? Because you like to look orange? Okay.

Now, if you enjoy being in the sun and you don't burn, I guess the result isn't so bad. But if you actually pay to go to a tanning salon, so you're paying to look orange and expose yourself to skin cancer, you need your head examined.

On to the next order of business. Coffee.

I understand most people need some caffeine in their day. Maybe the reason I always seemed tired compared to other people is that I almost never drink caffeinated drinks. But, this is what I suggest.

Make your coffee at home, because I think it would cut down on stupid driving maneuvers into Dunkin Donuts and Wawas during morning rush-hour traffic. If you are making a right into these places, fine, but if making a left is your only morning coffee option, sorry, you have to make it at home.

1 comment:

  1. I think when people make comments about my pasty white skin, they are being racist because the reason I'm pale is not because I'm sickly, but because I'm Irish/British/Scottish/German. That is my ethnic background and we come with translucent skin. So get used to it. That said, I did go tanning like 3 times before my wedding (for 2 minutes each time -- they tried so hard in the tanning place to get me to go in for longer and also come in more frequently because they said I still looked REALLY WHITE and I REFUSED). I just didn't want to be the same color as my dress and 6 total minutes brought me just a shade above, so mission accomplished!

    ReplyDelete